June 18, 2010

Evanescence – my fine art photography show

Filed under: delhi,gurgaon,personal,photography — Twilight Fairy @ 3:14 am

After publicising my first solo fine art photography show, Evanescence [pronounciation], all over my online “properties”, I realised I hadn’t blogged about it at all! (Though I did microblog it on twitter if that counts). The main reason why I didn’t, was because I think no one reads my blog anyway :P since I am more active on twitter, so if you are reading this pliss let me know. Another reason was that I hadn’t officially blogged about the very important, life altering, transition from my IT industry job as a Project Manager to a totally new avatar – A photographer and a Social media consultant (More on that later).  This is also a feeble attempt to add ‘normal’ content to my blog and not just use it for digital activism.

So here goes! It gives me great pleasure to invite you to my first solo photography show!

About the exhibition

Evanescence - my fine art photography show

Evanescence denotes things which are transient. They could be events, people, objects, thoughts, feelings, glances or moments which are ephemeral in nature. But they certainly do exist and that presence has been captured by me in this series. Through “Evanescence”, I string together various slices of life with shots snatched from the streets, fleeting moments seized just before they disappeared or almost imperceptible moments of history grabbed from eras gone by.

Opening : 6pm till 9pm on May 28, 2010 (there were some rather exotic snacks and drinks)
Venue : Bagel’s Café, D-140, The Shopping Mall, Arjun Marg, DLF City I, Gurgaon
Exhibition Dates : May 28, 2010 till July 8, July 22, 2010 (Update: date extended by 2 weeks!)
Opening Times : Daily 8am to 10pm

The showcased photographs are available as Limited Edition prints.

The map of the location is here and a rather cool embedded thingy here.

View “Evanescence” at Bagel’s Cafe, Gurgaon in a larger map

RSVP – twilightfairy at gmail.com, # nine eight one one five one one seven one nine

It’s on for 1.5 months, so see you there!

powered by shantz-wp-prefix-suffix
Be Sociable, Share!

10 Tweets

37 Comments »

1. Visited it twice so far, once alone, once when I dragged people to see it! :) Love your work, and Urban Birds remains my favourite.

Comment by a traveller — June 18, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

2. Thanks girl! :) Pliss drag some buyer type people too :p

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 18, 2010 @ 12:14 pm

3. Congrats…btw your blog is way better that your “tweets”..write more…

Comment by Ruchik — June 19, 2010 @ 11:22 am

4. Thanks Ruchik – trying to blog more! Tweeting is a quick & easy way to share the same thoughts and get instant reactions

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 19, 2010 @ 11:27 am

5. First time over here.
    wow!! nice writeups..I should say.
    will come back for more

Comment by Sorcerer — June 21, 2010 @ 3:31 pm

6. Thanks Sorcerer

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 21, 2010 @ 10:32 pm

7. […] Evanescence – my first solo fine art photography show | Twilight Fairy […]

Pingback by Evanescence – my first solo fine art photography show | Twilight Fairy | Eastwind Photography. — June 22, 2010 @ 12:25 pm

8. Congrats on your photography show! BTW, one suggestion, You have published your mobile number. Many spammers would be reading your blog. Don’t wonder if you start receiving more spam now.

Comment by Sagar — June 22, 2010 @ 6:10 pm

9. Thanks Sagar my number is already all over the net thanks to the blogger meets/camps I keep organising. so it’s ok. :) I’ve spelt it in word format to avoid bots/spammers only.

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 22, 2010 @ 9:54 pm

10. Congratulations on your show! It’s wonderful to find another artist’s blog.

Comment by Studio MME — June 23, 2010 @ 3:42 am

11. Ok. But then, don’t you get your mobile flooded with spam sms? How do you manage?

Comment by Sagar — June 23, 2010 @ 1:32 pm

12. Sagar Spam SMS were already a bane much before I shared my number anywhere.

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 24, 2010 @ 2:13 am

13. Thank you Studio MME

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 24, 2010 @ 2:13 am

14. Why don’t you try smsBlocker.in. Believe me, it will amaze you with its intelligence and efficiency.

Comment by Sagar — June 24, 2010 @ 11:07 am

15. Congrats!!

What about those who are miles and miles away from the exhibition place and yet are interested to capture your photograph in their mind? Any (even remote) possibility to get it on web?

BTW, earlier, I was not at all interested in anyone operating with pseudonym. However, knowing you on We The Tweeples, forced me to click on Follow button on your page. Nice to read micro/mini/maxi blogs from you. Surprising to know that you landed in photography profession from IT!!! Any coincidence with your appearance in the above episode and making your id publicly identified with you and change of profession? (just a curiosity and in no way a personal question.)

Dinesh Karia

Comment by Dr. Dinesh Karia — June 26, 2010 @ 10:17 am

16. Thanks Dr. Dinesh Karia – I’ll share the pictures online after the show is over.

The WTP episode happened a little later, my professional change happened earlier.. my psuedonym/real name is more of public knowledge now (since some years)

Comment by Twilight Fairy — June 26, 2010 @ 11:39 am

17. My best wishes for your new avatar. Since I am too miles away atm as Dr. Dinesh Karia, I am too waiting for the end of the show :)

Comment by Ashutosh — June 26, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

18. […] Evanescence – my fine art photography show (twilightfairy.in) […]

Pingback by Fine Art Photography | AmbiguousMisdirection — July 20, 2010 @ 7:22 pm

19. Cool. Congrats!!

Comment by white magpie — November 30, 2010 @ 8:47 pm

20. So Ms Priyanka Sachar finally let her real name out? It is interesting, and shows that you are comfortable with what you are and do not care a damn about what the other folks think about you.

Comment by Rajnish Ahluwalia — May 18, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

21. Rajnish – well it was never “hidden” .. the smart ones just had to google :) And yes, why would anyone choose an anon handle because they are uncomfortable abt what others think? No there are many more reasons for an anon handle, not just that.

Comment by Twilight Fairy — May 18, 2011 @ 2:18 pm

22. A tongue in cheek remark! Well I admit I am not one of the “smart ones”. If you care to share, I would be interested in the reason for the anon handle. raja_del29 at yahoo co in

Comment by Rajnish Ahluwalia — May 18, 2011 @ 4:10 pm

23. Hey Rajnish – no I didn’t mean that you are one of the “un-smart” ones.. :) what I said mainly applies to those who were over-curious, if you know what I mean. The story of how I came to choose “twilightfairy” is right here on the blog – http://blog.twilightfairy.in/2003/09/10/some-mundane-facts-abt-my-blog/

Comment by Twilight Fairy — May 18, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

24. Congrats! any e-copy for your excellent work???

Comment by Viki — November 23, 2012 @ 9:41 pm

25. there’s no e-copy, but u can see it at http://www.priyankasachar.com/evanescence

Comment by Twilight Fairy — December 4, 2012 @ 4:46 pm

26. Are you doing any more shows in the future?

Comment by Sathish — October 22, 2013 @ 12:45 am

27. No shows are planned as of now, but there will surely be some more. If and when that happens, this blog will definitely get an update about it.

Comment by Twilight Fairy — October 31, 2013 @ 7:50 pm

28. “EVanescence” – my photography show, Week #5 starts http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms. Do visit! I’ll be at @bagelscafe in the later half of the day

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by twilightfairy — June 26, 2010 @ 10:00 am

29. RT @twilightfairy: “EVanescence” – my photography show, Week #5 starts http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms. Do visit! I’ll be at @bagelscafe in the later half of the day

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by gauravsabnis — June 26, 2010 @ 10:03 am

30. RT @twilightfairy”EVanescence”-my phtgraphy shw,Week#5starts http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms .Do visitIll be at@ bagelscafe in the latr half of the day

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by uma_kanth — June 26, 2010 @ 10:06 am

31. RT @twilightfairy: “EVanescence” – my photography show, Week #5 starts http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms. Do visit! I’ll be at @bagelscafe in the later half of the day

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by mekkanikal — June 26, 2010 @ 10:27 am

32. RT @twilightfairy: “EVanescence” – my photography show, Week #5 starts http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms. Do visit! I’ll be at @bagelscafe in the later half of the day

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by nvavi — June 26, 2010 @ 10:27 am

33. i’ll be in @bagelscafe in some time. Those who havent visited Evanescence my photography show yet, let’s meet there! :p http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by twilightfairy — June 26, 2010 @ 4:47 pm

34. RT @twilightfairy: i’ll be in @bagelscafe in some time. Those who havent visited Evanescence my photography show yet, let’s meet there! :p http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by iMittu — June 26, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

35. breaking news! (now that i have ur attn :p) “Evanescence” my photoshow extended by 2 weeks! it’s on till 22nd July now! http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by twilightfairy — June 30, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

36. RT @twilightfairy: breaking news! (now that i have ur attn :p) “Evanescence” my photoshow extended by 2 weeks! it’s on till 22nd July now! http://bit.ly/aqs5Ms

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

Comment by culdivsac — June 30, 2010 @ 1:14 pm

37. Evanescence – my fine art photography show – http://bit.ly/9EtXlj #socialmedia

This comment was originally posted on Twitter